Nifty Christmas is precut friendly wallhanging or table runner that’s the perfect complement for your holiday decor. Learn the basics of fusible applique and piecing for dynamic block design in this quick-to-finish quilted project.
Finished size: 27 x 45”
- 48 – 5” squares (Tip: use a precut 5” square assortment and pull in additional squares from your stash to coordinate)
- ⅜ yd for applique background in the center of the quilt
- ½ yd white for blocks
- ½ yd red for blocks and applique
- ½ yd pink for blocks and applique
- ¼ yd green for applique
- 1½ yd backing fabric
- ⅜ yd for binding
- Batting 30 x 48”
- Variety of threads to match applique
- Optional: Use the Nifty Christmas pre-fused laser-cut applique kit from The Stitch TV Show (AK-102) and forgo the applique tracing and cutting!
- Standard quilting and sewing notions
- Sewing machine, with open toe foot and zigzag or blanket stitch for applique
- ½ yd of paper backed fusible web; we recommend Soft Fuse
- Parchment paper or applique pressing sheet
- ½ yd ribbon for ornaments. The cover quilt uses ⅛” grosgrain ribbon.
Have a campy Christmas with this nostalgic no-brainer wallhanging! Whether you’re walking in a winter wonderland, or cozily roasting chestnuts, sit back and enjoy the holidays while you admire your piecing and applique handiwork.
Squares – 5"