Flight of Fancy Butterfly Quilt
Made with a combination of easy-to-piece blocks and dynamic fabric placement, this versatile quilt pattern teaches you to make a butterfly quilt perfect for baby showers, children, or just the young-at-heart. When the quilt is done it makes a perfect background for precious photos (or sassy selfies!) to capture every stage of life.
Note: You can substitute your favorite charm pack, or 42 – 5″ precut squares, for the Constant Fabric below!
Finished size: 62 x 70”
- 3 yd Background fabric
- ½ yd Constant fabric for wings
- ¼ yd or FQs for Wing Color 1, 2, and 5
- ⅜ yd for Wing Color 3 and 6
- 1 yd for Wing Color 4, also used for body and binding
- For optional applique antenna: Fat eighth or scrap
- 4½ yd backing fabric
- 70 x 78” batting, or twin size
- Notions for optional applique antenna:
Let your imagination take flight with this picture-perfect quilt for kids and kids-at-heart. Perfect as a photo backdrop, this quilt helps you capture those precious moments as your give your little one the wings to soar.
Fat Quarter, Squares – 5"