Crazy Modern Quilt
Crazy Modern is a fresh interpretation of the crazy quilts of the early 1900’s. Learn the basics of foundation piecing, use up your scraps, and expand your stitch repertoire with decorative stitches on your sewing machine.
Finished size: 65 x 65”
- 41 5” squares
- 3½ yd muslin for foundation piecing.
- 2 ¾ yd for borders
- 4½ yd backing
- 3 yd of a variety of scraps and strings that coordinate with 5” squares
- Variety of threads
- Standard quilting and sewing notions
- Sewing machine with variety of stitches
- 8½” or larger square ruler for squaring blocks
Call us crazy, but we think you’ll be charmed by the modern interpretation of the crazy quilt! Start with a 5” square pre-cut assortment to ease into controlled scrap quilting, and go bananas with all the decorative stitch buttons on your machine you don’t normally push.
Squares – 5"